BIGREDBUTTON PRIVACY STATEMENT
At BigRedButton we are committed to protecting the privacy of everyone we deal with in line with the new European Data Protection regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). This Policy notice tells you how we collect, use and store the personal Information we collect and what are your rights.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
BigRedButton takes your privacy seriously and we will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the services you have requested from us.
We will never sell your information and it will not be shared with any third party for marketing purposes.
We are gathering the information via the following channels:
- Via our personal safety app when you register for the first time on download to your phone or amend details on your profile subsequently via the settings option.
- Via emails or SMS we may send to notify of billing to your account, any requirement to update your account details or any issues with your account.
- Via our website if you interact with us vis email etc.
- Via Social Networks such as: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- If you 'like' our page on Facebook or 'follow' us on Twitter or LinkedIn we will receive your personal information from those sites.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
As your personal safety support service we collect only the appropriate information we need to help deliver our service to you.
To be able to do this we are collecting, processing and storing the following information:
- Name, so we know who you are if you have to call.
- Email, so we can contact you regarding your account.
- Phone number, so we can confirm by return SMS your signup and later if you use the service so we can call you back if we lost you during a call.
- Date of birth: so we can provide age appropriate support.
- Credit card payment details which are securely processed on our behalf by www.globalpaymentsinc.com
- The name and phone number of any emergency contacts you chose to add. When you add a contact the app will create a text for you to allow you notify that contact that you are adding them so that they are agreeable.
- Your location sent to us by the app if you decide to contact us by pressing the BigRedButton on your phone so that we can confirm your location and share if needed with your chosen contacts or the emergency services if you request their involvement or we decide they are needed on your behalf.
- We record calls to us so that we have a record of what happened when you decided you needed assistance. We may share this recording with the relevant authorities for example the police with your agreement or disclose this personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
In general, we do not share your personal information with third parties (other than service providers acting on our behalf) unless we have a lawful basis for doing so.
We may rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as website hosting, electronic message or SMS delivery, payment processing and data analytics. This may mean that we have to share your personal information with these third parties.
When we share your personal information in this way, we put in place appropriate measures to make sure that our service providers keep your personal information secure.
When you visit our web site or landing pages we may collect technical information such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, details of the pages you visit on and which pages you visited, and which browser you used to view the pages.
We may also collect standard internet log and technical data to measure and improve the effectiveness of our web site, to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the web site, to see where web site traffic is coming from and to identify our users. We may also collect other information such as web site usage activity and preferences, also known as demographic or profile data.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all employees and principals to keep personal information confidential and only authorised personnel have access to this information. We will retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
HOW LONG WE STORE THE INFORMATION FOR
BigRedButton will delete your personal data from our systems if we have not had any meaningful contact for one year which is one subscription cycle (or for such longer period as we believe in good faith that the law or relevant regulators require us to preserve your data). After this period, it is likely your data will no longer be relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. When we refer to "meaningful contact", we mean, for example, communication between us (either verbal or written), or where you are actively engaging with our service.
WHY WE PROCESS THE INFORMATION
BigRedButton uses legitimate interest as a lawful basis for processing your data as it is impossible to conduct our business otherwise. By using legitimate interest, we commit to protecting your interest, being transparent, fair and ensuring your data is protected and the processing of data will not cause you harm in any way.
YOU ARE IN CONTROL
If you are not happy with our policy or believe your data is processed for reasons outside of this policy please contact us using the contact details below and we will deal with your request without undue delay, within a maximum of 30 days.
You have the right to request access to the personal information that you have submitted through our website and app, update or correct your details, opt out of receiving other information from BigRedButton or request that your personal details are deleted from our systems at any time by e-mailing email@example.com.
If we delete the information we cannot supply the safety support service associated with the BigRedButton on your phone.
You can get in touch with us via the following channels:
Address: 30 Upper Drumcondra Road, Dublin 9, Ireland.
*Please note we have the right to and we may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time